Erin Condren vs. Recollections

Who doesn’t love their planners? I know when I first started out I didn’t have a clue where to begin. “How much should I spend?” What setup will work for me?” What layout should I use?” The thought of everything was overwhelming. After plenty of trial and error, I have learned quite a bit about what works for me and what doesn’t. I am now taking the time to share with you to save you the time from making those same mistakes.

Two planners, I tried out and compared were the Erin Condren life planner and the Recollections Spiral Planner. The two at first glance are very similar, here are a few things that stood out to me

1. Price

This would have to be the most obvious one. Starting price for a Recollections is $29.99 (US), these were sold at Michaels, and you do have the option to use a coupon. The Erin Condren life planner starts at $50.00-$55.00. The longer you wait to purchase either one the price does go down on both, and by mid-year, both planners go down to 50% off.

1. Personalization

The recollections spiral planner comes in a variety of designs and colors and even types of planners. They offer wedding, goal setting, fitness, pregnancy, academic, and calendar planners. However, that’s as far as the personalization goes. With the Erin Condren LifePlanners you are given the option when ordering online to pick:

• Design of your cover
  • Your name/ a quote
  • Photos
  • Color or neutral (black & white) interior
  • Color of spiral coil
  • Vertical or Horizontal layout
  • Offer academic and teacher edition
  • Both planners have removable covers which allows you to use them in the future.
  1. Page design/Layouts

Side by side both planners are very similar with their monthly and weekly layouts.

1. Additions

Everyone loves a few extras in their planners especially when it comes to stickers and storage am I right?

Thankfully, both include the following additions:

• Pocket Folders
  • Zip seal clear pouch
  • Stickers
  • Note pages

Personally, I found plenty of advantages in both planners, but the biggest factor for me was the cost. Regardless of what you choose, there’s always countless of ways to personalize it to fit your life and needs. I hope this was helpful in your planner journey!

14 thoughts on “Erin Condren vs. Recollections

• April 4, 2017 at 7:35 pm

I love my Recollections spiral. With 2 kids in college, I couldn’t bring myself to splurge on an EC. especially when I paid about 15 dollars with a michaels coupon!

• April 4, 2017 at 7:48 pm

I completely agree! I could only convince myself to get the Erin condren once they went on sale and with the use of a referral coupon code from a friend which brought it down to $25.

• May 14, 2017 at 12:40 pm

I have been hoping that they would bring them back but so far no such luck that happening that I can find. Their Creative Year Journals look decent but not what I am looking for.

• May 14, 2017 at 12:45 pm

I’m hoping that they bring them back I haven’t heard whether they are for sure going to discontinue them or bring them back. Regardless, I’m crossing my fingers

• June 7, 2017 at 8:38 pm

Theyre out. Just bought mine and debating if i should cancel my ec order

• June 8, 2017 at 1:08 pm

I know I was sooo excited to see they are back!! And you only got one??? I got myself the unicorn shaker cover one and he pregnancy one!!! I hope this is permanent because I really like them and like I said in the post they are more affordable than EC especially when u can use the 40% off coupons!

• August 10, 2017 at 1:31 pm

That’s awesome!!! I’ll be posting soon a comparison of the previous recollection to the new ones for 2018!!

• June 8, 2017 at 1:09 pm

They brought them back!!! Go get yourself one if you haven’t already!!!

• August 10, 2017 at 1:05 pm

I love my Erin Condren, but was so excited when I saw that Michael’s had the new Recollections spirals recently and I had to grab one.. they are so similar I don’t really notice anything different except for maybe the quality of the paper with Erin Condren is better… I use your stickers so the paper isn’t a big issue for me. I’ve made the switch comfortably lol.

• September 3, 2017 at 10:10 pm

When doing printable stickers for the recollections, would you use HP printables or EC ones?

• September 3, 2017 at 10:13 pm

I use the printables that are designed for the erin condemn but there are a few printable designer who create printables specifically for recollections. For example, Stephanie who I guest post for on this blog. She creates printables for the new recollections 😊

• September 6, 2017 at 5:15 pm

I just figured out EC planner covers fit the recollections spiral! EC has BOGO covers right now too so I plan on ordering a few to go with my new recollections planner. Score!